Fiumicino Airport: Rome's Primary Aviation Hub
Fiumicino Airport: Description
Well known as Leonardo Da Vinci Airport, the airport located in Fiumicino is the biggest airport in Italy. It is quite near the city, in fact it is about 32 km from the city center and it is easy to get there by taking the Rome–Fiumicino highway or the direct train line. The airport has got 5 terminals: A, AA, B, C, 5 for national, international and intercontinental flights and 5 runways: the 16L/34R and the 16R/34L, the 16C/34C next to the 16L/34R and the 07/05, used only in the western direction because of the winds. Since 2005, Fiumicino airport has got instrumental runways landing, category III B. In 2007 works started to improve the aeronautical ground lightings. In this way they will pass from 10 movements with fog, to 30 in the future.
Fiumicino airport: Services
FCO airport offers many passenger services. As time goes by, the FCO airport has changed and now it is a real shopping center, where you can drink a cocktail and go shopping. There are about 140 shops where you can buy dresses, typical products, postcards, mp3s, jewellry and more.
Fiumicino Airport: Hotels
There is one hotel in the Fiumicino Airport, the Hilton Rome Airport hotel, linked to terminals and train station by a skyway.
Fiumicino Airport: Business
On the third floor of the A terminal there is the Atahotel Executice Center, with meeting rooms, videoconferencing services, translation services. Open from 6.00 a.m. to 20.00.
Fiumicino Airport: Luggage
On the ground floor of the C terminal there is the Lost and Found.
Fiumicino Airport: Disabled Travellers
In the International terminal there are disabled people lounges next to C12 and B1 exits for disabled travellers. In those rooms you can find showers and pc with internet access. There are also free parking spaces in the covered parking area.
Fiumicino Airport: Other Facilities
Fiumicino is a little town where you can buy bread, go to the pharmacy, send a letter at the post office or pray in the Christian chapel.
Fiumicino Airport: Address
The Fiumicino Airport is located on Via dell’Aeroporto di Fiumicino, 320, Fiumicino.
Fiumicino Airport: How to Get There
You can take the A91 motorway Rome-Fiumicino, exit 30 of the G.R.A. ring road.
From Rome’s Termini station, the Leonardo Express will lead you directly to Fiumicino Airport, or you can take the FM1 (from/to Roma Tiburtina, Fra Sabina, Poggio Mirteto, Orte).
Terravision shuttle services, Schiaffini travels and Cotral run daily from and to Fiumicino airport.
- Rome Prices: What You Will Spend
- Rome Tips: Have a More Enjoyable Trip
- Some Information on Rome Bus Routes
- Rome airport taxi service: instructions for use
- Ciampino Transfer service: a good solution
- Rome Airport Train: the quickest way to the city
- Rome Cabs: how not to get ripped off
- Some information on Rome Taxis
- Week in Rome: Your First day
- Rome in 2 Days: Second Day Itinerary
- One Week in Rome: Your Fifth Day
- Rome shuttle service
- Rome train stations
- Ciampino Bus: how to get to Rome’s low cost airport
- Termini Station: Rome's Train Station
- Rome Bus Tour: A Great Way to See Rome
- Rome Bus: What You Need to Know
- Rome Metro Map
- Civitavecchia Port: Useful Info
- Civitavecchia Ferry: Booking and Tickets